Sign up for a Glogster EDU account.
Verify your account through your valid email.
- You will be prompted to complete this step.
Go to your “Dashboard” (on left in top menu).
- If you are not familiar with the dashboard concept, just about every online application where you create a username and password has a personal dashboard. In Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, it’s your profile page where you have the access to the setting and entry of information. In Google Sites, Word Press, or Blogger, it’s where you edit and update your website. In this case, it’s where you manage your profile, glogs, and student accounts. It’s here that you have the messaging option.
Click the “Edit my Profile” and update your profile (top-center of page on dashboard).
- You can upload a photo of yourself or an icon that students identify with you, i.e. sports team, pet, activity. I haven’t found a way to NOT input your birthday, so I chose a ridiculously young birth year to maintain my own privacy. You can choose to NOT create your profile, but you will get numerous messages from Glogster EDU about developing it if you don’t.
Click the “Design Profile” tab (top-left while in profile settings).
- Using the black tool box, you can style how your profile page will look to your students.
- Unlike Glogster, Glogster EDU does not have searchable profiles that can be viewed by the world. In fact, you can only see your students’ profiles and your students can only see the profiles of their classmates and teacher.
Adjust you “Account Settings.”
- There are only a few. If you click on “Account settings” (top-middle of dashboard), you may change your password or your email that is connected with the account.