- You must give each student their “First Login Link” that is contained in your Glogster EDU Excel document (that you downloaded from Glogster EDU and used to create the student accounts and import them into your Glogster EDU account). Options:
- Print the excel chart and cut out each student’s line of information and give each student his/her individual information.
- Copy the information from the Glogster EDU Excel document into a regular Excel document. Delete all but the student names and the “First Login Link” Save the new file and make it available in a shared folder on the school system. Students can open the file and copy their urls into the web browser. Give each student their password on a slip of paper.
- Once students have inputted their urls and are on their account pages, they must click on “Account settings” (top-middle of the dashboard). On the next screen they will be prompted to change their passwords. They must change the password as the “First Login Link” will be discontinued.
- Note that they do not have any other account settings. There is not an email associated with each account because they are connected to your teacher account.
- Each student, like the teacher, has a profile that can be edited. A student can add a photo and add personal interests and information which will be visible only to their teacher and their classmates in the created group.
- There is a “Messages” area where students can sent messages to each other or the teacher.
- Note: I will be telling students that I expect them to not use the messaging in class as it’s a distraction to the task of creating their glog. I will also be telling them to not message me, and I will resist the urge to answer any student who disregards this instruction and sends me a ‘harmless’ question. Any questions they have can be asked in class (or in the public forum on our class Moodle).
5. There’s a large pink button in the center of the student dashboard labelled “CREATE NEW GLOG.” It’s hard to miss it!
6. Getting them started is that simple!